Firefighters carry lifeless puppy out of burning building. Then they bring her back to life

Post day 31 month 3 year 2017, 11:21

Firefighters carry lifeless puppy out of burning building. Then they bring her back to life

When the firefighters from the Santa Monica Fire Department were called to take care of an apartment fire, they didn’t expect to find an unconscious little pup laying on the ground in the midst of the fire.

The fire started when a unit of the apartment building suddenly burst into flames. Apparently, the fire started in the kitchen and quickly spread to the storage room and other units and parts of the building.

Firefighters immediately got on the roof and made some exit points, so that dangerous and toxic smoke could leave the building, as well as fire gasses. They were a bit surprised to see a little dog laying there through the holes, completely overcome by the fire.

The little dog Nalu was taken out of the burning building by a firefighter and was lifeless. The pup wasn’t breathing and didn’t have a pulse.

However, firefighters immediately started with a CPR procedure on little Nalu. Aside from providing CPR, the firefighters also used an oxygen mask that’s specifically aimed for use towards pets. Nalu hadn’t been responding for over twenty minutes, but a couple of moments later the pooch began to breathe on its own and could even walk.

Andrew Klein, one of the firefighters present on the scene, had the opportunity to talk to KTLA: “It was pretty amazing because I’ve been on a number of animal rescues like this that did not come out the same way that Nalu’s story did. It was definitely a win for the whole team and the department that we got him back.”

Billy Fernando is a local photographer and also saw the fire happening. He took some shots and a video of this amazing animal rescue, which quickly were shared by thousands of people.
Luckily, the fire was quickly extinguished by almost two dozen firefighters in less than ten minutes. No one was hurt. Nalu was taken to a local animal hospital by some neighbors and is doing just fine thanks to the courageous efforts of the Santa Monica Fire Department.

Unfortunately, Crystal Limirand, the owner of Nalu, lost her home in the fire, but she’s very happy that she still has little Nalu to take care of.

Please SHARE this with your friends and family.